Terms and Conditions
** Please read these terms and conditions carefully as these conditions incorporate the basis on which bookings for the Great Southern Hotel are accepted **
If booking via your Travel Agent please refer to their terms and conditions. The terms and conditions below are for bookings made via the Great Southern Hotel directly.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Some conditions including final payment/deposit / cancellation and amendments may vary slightly depending on Hotel, Resort or brand.
How to Book / Quotes and Reservations
- Bookings can be made over the internet at greatsouthernhotel.com.au or by calling Reservations on + 61 3 9629 6991 if calling from overseas.
- Reservations are subject to availability and actual pricing at the time of booking.
- Verbal quotes are valid for 24 hours only. Any verbal quote given is an estimate only of price, which will be subject to a written advice on confirmation of the reservation.
Full payment is made at the point of reservation with the credit card that is supplied. A confirmation email will be sent to the nominated email address and receipts can be obtained from reception on check out.
Cancellation terms and charges
Great Southern Hotel
- This property will not offer a refund if you want to cancel or change your booking for any reason, including early departures. 100% cancellation fee applies for all nights.
- No shows and cancellations after check in – will be subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
Rates and Changes
- Rates quoted on this website are in the hotels local currency and are subject to change at anytime. Rates are inclusive of GST where applicable. Great Southern Hotel do not include transport from your home port to holiday destination and return, items of a personal nature, meals (unless specified), transfers and existing or proposed taxes and government charges, unless otherwise indicated. (For Resorts and Retreats that do include meals and transport please visit the website for more details).
- Any verbal quote given is an estimate only of price, which will be subject to a written advice on confirmation of the reservation.
- Minimum length of stay restrictions may apply to certain rates during special event periods.
- The price of your holiday cannot be guaranteed until full payment is received.
Check-in and Check-out
- Standard check-in is 2pm and standard check-out is 10am.
- For guaranteed arrival prior to 2pm, a room must be reserved from the previous night and therefore includes an additional nightly charge.
- Late check out will incur additional $10 per hour if guest does not check out on time for maximum of 3 hours then the Day use Rate applies after the 3 hours (from 1pm). Day use rate is at the discretion of the manager.
- Late check out after 10 am will incur the following additional charges applied to your hotel account:
- 10 am to 11am – $10.00
- 11 am to 12 noon – $20.00
- 12 noon to 1 pm – $30.00
- After 1pm the full daily rate applies
Security Deposits and Photo I.D. required on check-in
- An acceptable form of photographic identification will need to be produced at the hotel prior to check-in.
- A credit card authorisation (pre-auth) or imprint will be required for at time of check in and may be used to cover incidental items such as (but not limited to): Telephone charges any breakages or damage incurred during your stay. Cleaning charges in excess of the normal level of cleaning. We pre-authorise all credit cards upon arrival. Please note this process validates the presented credit card, and protects both the cardholder and merchant from increasing fraud incidents. We may pre-authorise a credit card for any charges we determine that the guest may be likely to consume during their stay. This may also include an amount to cover a security bond / deposit for damages. The pre-authorised amount is set aside by the credit card company for a period of up to 14-days. The pre-authorisation will affect your available funds balance or spending limit. For more information on this practice we suggest the cardholder contact their card issuer. Once a pre-authorisation has been made, we cannot release, remove or lower the authorised amount, until we process the final account on departure. This is a restriction placed on us by the bank, and cannot be negotiated.
- Where a credit card is not available a minimum $50.00 cash deposit will be required.
In the unlikely event of a situation whereby The Great Southern Hotel cannot provide accommodation as previously confirmed, for whatever reason, The Great Southern Hotel will undertake to relocate clients into an alternative hotel of equal grading at no expense to the client. Should there not be a hotel of equal or better grading in the vicinity of the original booking, it may be required to provide clients with a hotel of a lesser grading.
In most cases, children’s prices for accommodation featured in the brochure or website refer to children occupying the same room/unit with two adults and using existing bedding. The room can only accommodate maximum of 2 persons.
Whilst care is taken to ensure that the description of facilities and services of the The Great Southern Hotel is accurate, these are continually being changed, upgraded, and on occasion taken out of service. If any feature/facility is essential for the passenger in choosing a particular property, it is advisable that the guest checks this with their travel consultant at time of booking. The Great Southern Hotel cannot be held liable for omissions or errors, whether temporary or permanent of a property’s facilities and services.
Property room photos may not be specific to actual room allocated. Photos are indicative only. Accommodation facilities listed may not apply to all room types.
Whilst we attempt to satisfy all special requests, we are unable to provide a guarantee.
We strongly recommend you purchase comprehensive travel insurance at time of booking. We suggest that the policy should include, but not be limited to, the following cover: Loss of deposit through cancellation; loss or damage to personal baggage and loss of money and medical expenses.
Not Included in Price of Holiday
- Airport taxes, costs of a personal nature e.g. laundry, taxis, telephone calls, room service.
- Meals and transport are not included in the rates.
The person effecting a booking shall be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions on behalf of all persons named in the booking.
Travel documents will be available to view and print off the website or will be forwarded by post or email when full payment is received.
All clients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or an individual over the age of 18, the property has the right to refuse any booking, when the legal guardian over 18 cannot provide current photo ID if requested on check-in.
The Great Southern Hotel can sometimes include third party products in special packages. As an agent on behalf of this product or service The Great Southern Hotel shall not be liable under any circumstances for any failure by those service providers to fulfill such travel arrangements nor for any error, alteration or change of any kind made by those service providers following the acceptance of the booking by them. All coupons, vouchers, receipts and tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by those service providers.
The Great Southern Hotel both for itself and on behalf of their employees or agents do not accept any responsibility for any act, omission, default or neglect of themselves, their employees or agents for injury, damage, or loss to persons or goods whatsoever or however the same may be caused and they do not warrant and are in no way responsible for the accuracy of any information given in statement made by their service providers in terms of travel arrangements. By utilising the travel services provided by The Great Southern Hotel, you agree that
The Great Southern Hotel shall not be liable for the wilful or negligent acts and/or omissions of such carriers and/or service providers. The Great Southern Hotel will not be liable for any accident, injury, delay, property damage or personal loss to you or those travelling with you in connection with any accommodation, transportation, or other travel services resulting directly or indirectly from any occurrences or conditions beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, defects in vehicles, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, Government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule.
Please note that all travel documents, observance of laws and regulations of various Governments are your responsibility.
Every effort is made to ensure that information displayed on this website is correct. Information and rates and The Great Southern Hotel websites are subject to change without notice.
Melbourne: reservations +61 3 9629 6991 firstname.lastname@example.org